As a young girl growing up on the flat plains of Roswell, NM, I used to sit in the backyard and stare west to the far-off outline of the Lincoln National Forest near Ruidoso, NM, wishing to be there instead of the dusty cotton fields around our house. In my high school & college years in Texas, I couldn't see those mountains on the horizon, but I had John Denver playing on the turntable instead. He was a formidable presence in those deeply philosophical teen years of the 70s.
I am so grateful for his shared expressions. I'm also grateful to the community of Aspen, CO, for creating a deeply moving & stunning memorial garden park on the creek in his name. Once again, John Denver brings me home to that warm creative space inside us all.
![]() |
| "You fill up my senses, like a night in the forest...." and though he's gone from this physical reality, his spirit continues to reach and teach us all. I am grateful and happy. |



Tim and Leslie ... I have been reading your entries ever since the first day and finally got the new computer geek kid down the hall to show me how to actually post a comment! He looked at me like the dinosaur that I am! I have been enchanted with every post and have been to many of the places you are visiting - many with my Mom, who Tim always remembers fondly! Cripple Creek and the mountain passes, Vail and Aspen. I was so moved by seeing the pictures of Jenny that I was sitting here during the long hours of Training Camp, tears splashing off my keyboard. Hey, there's no crying in football!! But I think of you and all the joyous adventures you are having and it brings me such happiness. I know you have given tremendous happiness to so many others, it is a journey of reconnecting and sharing that love across the country. And if you should find your way to St. Louis, I would be overjoyed to buy you dinner and share a few bottles of wine ... and I will break out all my old John Denver cassettes for ambience. Love and safe travels to both of you... Donna
ReplyDelete