Saturday, February 13, 2016

Send calm weather...please!

Ahoy!  No we're not shipwrecked....yet.  I know it's been 3 weeks since our last post, but we've been busy with wonderful island events and/or taking refuge in coves for incoming storms.

My next wood carving inspiration

Alot has happened and I'll be writing about this more extensively soon. This is just a quick update to let you know that we have finally arrived two days ago into Georgetown in the southern Exumas.  



It's the ultimate in cruising destinations with about 200 boats here now and probably growing to over 300 vessels in a couple of weeks for the famous island regatta race and festivities. Many boats hang here all winter, while some move on south for bigger horizons.  We are hunkered here for at least a couple of weeks, if not a couple of months.  

We have to figure out what we're doing with our life, where we're going next and just exactly where the hell the Holy Grail really is.  I found great wifi here in the town, but I'll have to finish this blog on another day, because, alas, we have another great blow of 25-30kt winds coming in for the next two days and we'll be boat-bound staying dry and safe. I'll be writing about this unusually windy season in the beautiful Bahamas next blog.....stay tuned.  
Georgetown, Exumas
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you! Be sure to select "Anonymous" for a quick comment